Body of Embodied Practitioner
This highly experiential workshop, hosted by Jesse McKay of MetaIntegral and Action Inquiry Associates, will provide you with a careful blend of support and challenge designed to help you build your competence in the practice of Action Inquiry.
The structure and process of the workshop is designed around what many different cultures around the world recognize as the three most important centers of energy and intelligence in the human body: the Hara, the Heart, and the Head.
For nearly all of us, one or more of these three body centers are not fully on-line. As a result our effectiveness at reaching the goals we set for ourselves and our experience of connection and fulfillment in life are compromised. The opportunity then is to bring more consciousness, not only to each of the three centers, but also to the degree of integration between them:
- Hara: The foundation of increasing degrees of inner freedom and a greater felt sense of alignment with one's own self creates more capacity to resource ourselves from our Hara body center. Therefore, in the opening act of this workshop we will be engaging in a fun and challenging experiential process designed to bring each of our Hara centers more fully on-line.
- Heart: Our hearts are the seat of our vulnerable power. By bringing more of our hearts to each moment, not only do we deepen our connection to our own presence and life energy but we also increase our felt sense of the interiors of others - allowing us to relate and connect more profoundly with them. In the second act of this workshop we will explore how we can become more connected with our hearts such that we are more able to create fresh new possibilities to bring our lives into a greater felt sense of alignment with what we most care about.
- Head: Our capacity to see clearly and relate to our experience with lucidity and precision arises from the third of our three body centers. When we can't see clearly it is often difficult to maintain a positive flow state with life and we get stuck in inner ruts more often. Therefore, in the third act of this workshop we will be engaging in a process of Action Inquiry designed to cultivate greater clarity and lucidity in our relationship to our own minds.
Combine a powerful and centered Hara, a connected heart, and a clear and lucid intuitive center in the head and you have a strong foundation for powerful action that is not only more effective in conventional terms but also has a playful and lively undercurrent of transformation within it.
We invite you to experience and explore with us how you can bring more power, connectedness, and lucidity to your life through the engaging interactive Action Inquiry of this workshop.
Venue: EarthRise Retreat Center, Petaluma CA, an hour north of San Francisco off Rt 101
|Earthrise Retreat Center Fees per Person||$788|
If you have questions please contact Jesse McKay at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
More about Jesse Mckay can be found by scrolling down to near the bottom of the page here
To learn more over the internet about Action Inquiry, about the Leadership Action-logics, about the Organizational Action-logics, as well as training, consulting certification and leadership events, please go to the Action Inquiry website:
A wealth of material is available from Action Inquiry Associates (AIA) and other authorities in the field of Adult Development Theory and Developmental Action Inquiry. Please go to the AIA website for a detailed list. For ease of reference we include a limited summary here.
Action Inquiry: The Secret of Timely and Transforming Leadership, by William R. Torbert. Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2004.
Bill Torbert and associates illustrate how individuals and organizations can progress through more and more sophisticated “action-logics”—strategies for analyzing the world and reacting to it—until they will eventually be able to practice action inquiry continually. Offering action inquiry exercises at the end of the chapters, the book moves from junior managers beginning to practice action inquiry through CEO’s transforming whole companies, to world leaders transforming whole countries, as exemplified by Czech president Vaclav Havel. Through short stories of leadership and organizational transformations, this groundbreaking book illustrates how action inquiry increases personal integrity, relational mutuality, company profitability, and long-term organizational and environmental sustainability.
- Offers a powerful method that leaders in organizations of all types can use to increase the timeliness and effectiveness of their actions
- Provides numerous real-world examples of action inquiry in action
- Includes exercises individuals and organizations can use to begin practicing action inquiry
Harvard Business Review article:
Seven Transformations of Leadership
This article, recently included in a new HBR book of the top ten HBR leadership articles ever, includes a one-page preview that quickly summarizes the key ideas and provides an overview of how the concepts work in practice along with suggestions for further reading.